I’ve seen quite a few posts wrapping up 2016 resolutions and establishing 2017 resolutions. I initially thought this was a bit silly, which is largely part of my upbringing and fear of establishing goals and, in time, failing said goals. But, you know what? I’m ready. Bring it on 2017.
- Review more (30%+ of the books I read for fun, 100% of ARCs)
- Post twice a week at minimum by the end of the year
- Comment more on friends’ blogs (my easy goal, y’all are interesting!, 5+ comments per day)
- Get organized
- Initiate weekly post of my own, biweekly for Celiac and Step Mama
- Be more open
- Update weekly meme list at least twice a year as many are now outdated 🤔🙁
- Sign up for challenges AND participate with events and links relating to the challenge on the host’s website
- Continue rocking the gym (3+ days a week)
- Take nightly walks, at the same time each night, so the boy can choose to go or not
- Utilize my planner
- Meal plan!
- Listen more / be more present
- Make them babies (okay, okay, lets start with making just one 😏)
- Buy/make presents BEFORE birthday/holiday/etc.
- Set up Christmas fund (it helps the bf spend less and feel better)
- Read a minimum of 4 books/month: 1 NetGalley/Edelweiss, 1 Goodreads First Reads, 1 from project Reading Through the Decades, 1 personal choice
- (Reading Through the Decades: reading one book from each decade from 1900 to today. I hope to do this personal challenge each year, but we will see how that goes)
- Take 15 minutes a day to tidy up or clean
- Get your makeup on and hair done each day – you’ll feel better!
- Take family photos
- Learn to be more respectful when expressing differences in opinions (aka, stop, think, then react instead of simply reacting)
- Minimize the gossip
- (I should write “Volunteer more” here but I reeeeally don’t want to.)
- Learn how to effective teach/mentor/otherwise share my knowledge
- Stop villianizing the OMs (it’s not their fault they aren’t particularly helpful and it’s not healthy to hold a negative obsession)
Phew! Feels good to get those off my chest. I’m sure I will be adding on more as the year goes. My ultimate goal here is to be realistic. Guess we will see how that works out. 😁😇😜
If you’ve set up your goals, please share (and/or share your link if they’re posted). It’s inspiring reading what others have in place.